2005 Jeep Chiliad Cherokee consumer reviews

$26,255–$28,225 MSRP range

side view of 2005 Grand Cherokee Jeep

74% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Comfort iv.2
  • Interior design 4.0
  • Performance 4.2
  • Value for the money 3.ix
  • Exterior styling 4.three
  • Reliability iii.eight

Practiced vehicle

Have endemic this vehicle for a month so far and so good information technology's my everyday driver and also for touring the outback of Australia .and towing a caravan

Testify full review

Naught but problems with it

This automobile every bit cost me over 2k to put it back on the road, needed a new circuit board nether the gear stick, the back suspension needed new bushes, not much storage place, big boot, plenty of ability for towing..

Show full review

A reliable suv

Jeep G Cherokee limited. Is a beast in 4 lo . I like the interior. Information technology's got power , only doesn't do to good in gas mileage

Show full review

Fantastic car, loved it. Pitiful to merchandise.

Like my previous Jeep, this automobile was and still is amazing later on 15 years. The only issues were related to dodgy servicing - certain hard to get to parts were rarely greased properly. Hands fixed. Best automobile I've always endemic. What a winner. Thanks Jeep. Bought another 1!

Show total review

This is past far the fastest SUV I've driven\ owned

My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee is worth every penny for the wintertime performance solitary. I have no worries of getting stuck, it's been driven in 8 inches of snow and has no issue plowing through. Besides the 5.seven 50 engine is extremely powerful, I have no trouble getting up to a passing speed on the highway. Overall this is a great SUV with a ton of power and the guts to get through deep snow!

Show full review

Very nice Jeep

This Jeep sits upwardly higher than a car then practiced if you accept back problems. It'south easier for you lot to get in and out of instead of angle lower to get in a car.

Show total review

Daimler/Jeep hitting a big homerun with this GC

I have owned my 2005 K Cherokee Limited with 5.7-liter V8 Hemi for over ten years as a daily driver. Fit and end remain like new, Hemi V8 engine purrs with power, serenity ride, and zero transmission bug for over 200,000 miles running on road and off-road. Don't believe the net rumors, this vehicle is top quality American and German language engineering. The "issues" I have experienced are all due to the way in which I operate my GC. I never really liked the trend towards plastic capped aluminum cadre radiators and then I replaced mine with an all-aluminum desert operation custom radiator. I often tow a 24-foot camper trailer (a.k.a. a caravan) and didn't similar how the rear suspension compressed under the heavy natural language weight and so I replaced the rear jounce shocks with commercial grade progressive rate load distributing jounces inside the rear coil springs. The original REC radio was fine for its day but I replaced it with a newer RHR MyGig infotainment system uniform with the "depression speed" CAN B system charabanc. Calculation a Ham radio and upgrading to light truck tires has made this an overlanding beast that can easily pull up to 7200 pounds for long distances, and with all the bells and whistles of any 2020 vehicle. Daimler/Jeep really hitting the ball out of the park with the WK Grand Cherokee.

Show full review

Swell automobile for depression initial cost

I bought this vehicle every bit my daily driver with 93k on information technology, and put most 15k a year on it. A few small issues expected for a 15 year sometime machine, merely comfortable, reliable, all options piece of work perfectly, and information technology looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Hemi MPG is not great, but I coax 19 out of it on long highway trips. Super comfortable, go anywhere vehicle.

Show full review

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The auto was a nifty vehicle to meet my needs. I loved how seamless and smoothen the 4wd arrangement was. E'er had good traction and power, particularly when paired with the V8 hemi engine.

Show full review

Save your hard earned money!!!!!!!

Bought this car and enjoyed information technology for what seemed to be a curt flavour. Side by side affair y'all know the perfectly smoothen engine needed to have the peak have rebuilt. Next went the electrical braking arrangement which had already been serviced along with restriction pads, rotors, etc. did I mention in 3 years the system failed me 4 times???? This auto is an electrical nightmare. If you want safety, RELIABILITY and a somewhat decent ride DO NOT CONSIDER THIS CAR!!!! This car was maintained impeccably and only saw 10-12K miles a year and still did non have the strength to alive up to the legendary Jeep name!!! The transmission has been replaced twice and I've been told past several other Jeep owners with this model that the transmission problem is indeed absolute when it comes to these cars!!! I will NEVER Buy some other Jeep product, and seriously considering seeking my new Wrangler just to cut my losses with this over priced shoddy auto maker!!

Prove full review